Finally i decided Meatballs are the best and I read somewhere in an organic cookbook that turkey was good for babies..and for the big babies too - heart healthy i heard..
but I and hubby Hated Turkey in any form..
so the meatball was meant Only for my son- so i decided to add fruit and veggies..and came up with my version and you MUST read the end result ... ;)
Recipe is here....
Ground Turkey- 1 lb
Apple - 1/4 minced
Button Mushrooms- 1/4 cup minced
Small Onion- 3/4 minced
Ginger, garlic minced - 2 Tbsp
Green chillies - 3 minced ( or how muchever hot u want it)
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Chicken Masala powder- 1 Tbsp
Lime juice- 1/2 a lime squeezed
Kasoori Methi (dried Fenugreek leaves) - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Egg - 1
Cilantro - 2 or 3 Tbsp minced
Bread Crumbs - 1/4 cup ( or enough to bind all this together)
Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mince all the ingredients that call to be minced in a small processor so that there wont be any lumps that will stick out of the meatballs while forming it.
- Mix all the above very well by hand in a deep bowl till all the masalas are well combined with the ground meat and form small balls approx 1'' size.
- Spray a Cookie sheet with oil and place the balls in a single layer on the sprayed sheet.
- Spray the balls once again with the oil and bake them at 400F for 20- 25 minutes.
- Ocassionally stir the balls around to get them evenly browned and at the end of 20 or 25 minutes they will be cooked through.
- If u want this done faster- preheat oven at 500F or set the broiler on and bake the meatballs for only 15 minutes.
- Do check for doneness..
Mine came out so Un-turkey tasting that me and hubby fell in love with it...all that turkey taste was masked - the mushrooms and apples and kasoori methi made all the diff i guess!
I made with 3/4 lb ground meat and got 33 meatballs.
the leftovers turned out into Kofta curry and a new creation- Kofta-Andaa Biriyani..
Ps..If u try this, Pls do let me know how it came out.